Occupational therapy is the only profession that helps people across the lifespan to do the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of daily activities (occupations). Occupational therapy practitioners enable people of all ages to live life to its fullest by helping them promote health, and prevent—or live better with—injury, illness, or disability.
Common occupational therapy interventions include helping children with disabilities to participate fully in school and social situations, helping people recovering from injury to regain skills, and providing supports for older adults experiencing physical and cognitive changes. Occupational therapy services typically include:
- an individualized evaluation, during which the client/family and occupational therapist determine the person’s goals.
- customized intervention to improve the person’s ability to perform daily activities and reach the goals.
- an outcomes evaluation to ensure that the goals are being met and/or make changes to the intervention plan.
Occupational therapy practitioners have a holistic perspective, in which the focus is on adapting the environment and/or task to fit the person, and the person is an integral part of the therapy team. It is an evidence-based practice deeply rooted in science. CHP’s Occupational therapists have specialized skills and training to comprehensively evaluate and treat both children and adults with a wide variety of conditions including:
- Overuse Injuries (Osteoarthritis, Tennis elbow, Carpel tunnel)
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Upper extremity trauma, fractures, sprains and strains
- Arthritic Conditions
- Cognitive and Visual Perceptual impairments
- Complications of Cancer Treatment
- Development disabilities (Cerebral Palsy, Autism, Sensory Integration)
- Gross and fine motor deficits
- Neurological disorders (Stroke, Traumatic brain injury)
- Neuromuscular diseases and movement disorders (Parkinsons, MS)
Fee Schedule for Occupational Therapy
Occupational Therapy - Initial New Patient Evaluation
Price $303.96 (4 Units of Occupational Therapy Evaluation / 60 minutes)
The Initial Consult includes a complete evaluation by your physical therapy team and a comprehensive treatment plan to get you feeling better. Treatment sessions are all inclusive of necessary procedures that will maximize your rehab potential.
Occupational Therapy- re-assessment
Price $199.59 (3- Units of Occupational Therapy / 45 minutes)
Have you ALREADY SEEN THIS THERAPIST for an initial evaluation of your problems and still have issues or need follow up care? While therapists do their best to treat your problem on your first visit additional treatments are often needed. This package is for follow up care of your problem that is generally less complex than your initial evaluation. PURCHASE THIS PACKAGE ONLY IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SEEN THIS THERAPIST FOR THE SAME PROBLEM AND NEED FOLLOW UP CARE.